WWT Washington Wetland CentreWashington Village, Tyne and Wear
There are 104 acres of nature reserve to explore, with woodlands, wetlands and meadows to explore, and there are even feeding stations dotted around too.
If you’re looking to blow off some steam, head over to the outdoor play area Playscape, where explorers can enjoy water play, clambering across the climbing frame, and soaring high up on the swing, plus loads more!
Make sure you check out the gift shop before you leave and grab a momento to remember your favourite exotic birds and the other spectacular wildlife you've seen on your day out.
- Assistance dogs are welcome but must be kept on leads at all times. This is so that the animals in the wetland centre do not get disturbed or affected.
- Free accessible car parking provision – 6 designated spaces (drop off space outside of the visitor centre is available, please just ask).
- If you have low mobility you'll be happy to know you can hire a wheelchair. There is only 1 manual wheelchair onsite.
- Mobility scooters are also available to hire, just give the centre a call on 0191 416 5454 to arrange this.
- There are separate accessible toilet facilities and a baby changing facility within the toilet block.
- Worried about wheelchair access? The WWT Washington Wetland Centre is on a slight slope but there are tarmac paths which you can easily
- Loads of wildlife and birds to discover
- Great outdoor play area
- Family-friendly cafe with views. (Serves hot and cold food, and drinks)
- Interactive events and activities throughout the year
Daily 10.00 - 17.30
Daily 10.00 - 16.30 (closed Christmas day)
Pricing & Tickets
Adults: from £10.45
*Concession: 65+, unemployed, full-time student
Book in advance for cheapest tickets
Find other attractions similar to WWT Washington Wetland Centre by visiting our attraction tickets section.
No, there is no parking.