Edinburgh ZooEdinburgh, Edinburgh and Lothian
From koala enclosures to giraffe houses, blue poison arrow frogs, and sloths, there's so many incredible animals to meet and learn about! So, let's jump straight in...
On loan from China for 10 years these pandas are a must-see for animal lovers. Check out their state of the art enclosure and see Tian Tian (Sweetie) and Yang Guang (Sunshine) whilst you still can. Kids will love meeting the bright pink flamingos, cool koalas and a hilarious hippopotamus.
Enjoy a wide range of hot food, cold snacks, and a selection of drinks from the following food stalls around the park:
- The Gannet Fish Bar
- Penguins Cafe
- Grasslands Restaurant
- Kiosks (weather dependent)
- There are also picnic areas if you prefer bringing your own treats from home.
- Free admission for carers
- Disabled parking
- Many of the paths around the zoo can be accessed by wheelchair. Due to the hilly nature of our location, some routes involve steps or steep slopes which are unsuitable for wheelchairs. Please download a copy of our accessibility map, which highlights these areas and may be useful for planning your visit before you arrive.
- There is a Mobility vehicle service where you can hire wheelchairs and electric mobility scooters on a first come first served basis. To rent out electric mobility scooters you will need to give Edinburgh Zoo a £25 deposit. Wheelchairs require a £10 deposit.
- Sensory bags are available too and cost a £15 deposit.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in the zoo but you must let the admissions team know when you arrive. There are some restricted areas so make sure to refer to the assistance dog map to navigate around the zoo.
For more accessibility queries please check out the access statement here: https://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/plan-your-visit/day-planner/visitors-with-disabilities/
Travel & Parking for Visitors
Car parking charges returned on Thursday 1 September for everyone apart from RZSS members who can continue to park for free as part of their membership benefits. All car park users will need to take a ticket from the barriers on arrival and have this validated to exit the car park without paying full price (£10) at the machine. Find out more here. You will also find two electric car charging points in the zoo’s main car park in dedicated parking bays.
There are two bus stops outside the front entrance. Lothian 12, 26 and 31 services all stop outside and can be picked up near both Haymarket and Waverly Station or in the city centre. The 100 Airlink Service also stops regularly outside our front entrance and operates between Edinburgh Airport and the city centre.
Service 12: Seafield – Leith – Princes Street –Haymarket – Zoo – Gyle Centre
Service 26 : Seton Sands/Tranent – Portobello – City Centre – Zoo – Clerwood
Service 31 : Bonnyrigg – City Centre – Zoo – East Craigs
There are two train stations in the centre of Edinburgh; Edinburgh Waverley Station and Edinburgh Haymarket Station. Train timetables and ticket information are available from the ScotRail website.
From Waverley and Haymarket stations, take the buses listed above (from Edinburgh city centre) to Edinburgh Zoo.
The zoo is very close to Carrick Knowe cycle route (access from Downie Grove), which in turn connects by minor roads and other cycle routes to most of the city. To work out your best route, see the Spokes Edinburgh Cycle Map (available at most book and bike shops, or online at spokes.org.uk). An online cycle route planner is also available at edinburgh.cyclestreets.net.
- Home to the only giant pandas in the UK
- Plenty of animals and conservation projects to learn about.
- 1000+ rare animals to meet!
April - September
Monday to Sunday 10:00 - 18:00
October & March
Monday to Sunday 10:00 - 17:00
November - February
Monday to Sunday 10:00 - 16:00
Closed 25th December
Pricing & Tickets
General Admission from 2nd March 2020
Adults (16+): £21:95
Kids (3-15): £12:50
Under 3's: Free
Concession (ID required): £19:95
Last entry is 1 hour before closing
Book in advance for cheapest tickets
Find other attractions similar to Edinburgh Zoo by visiting our attraction tickets section.
Yes, there is parking onsite.
All Day: £4.00