Calling all children and parents! Come along to the Wacky Warehouse at the Story Book pub in Boldon, Tyne and Wear
to climb, slide, swing and bounce. With both indoor soft play and an outdoor play area, it is the perfect place to unleash your inner explorer and go wild even in wet weather!
Things to do
Whatever the age of your little monsters there is something exciting on offer for all of them with the famous red slide, a large ball pool, lots of obstacles and arts & crafts, they'll be busy for hours!
The air-conditioned Wacky Warehouse in the historic Story Book pub offers multiple levels of well-padded craziness in the name of exercise boasting loads of classic features from the biff bash rollers to the ball pits and slides, with loads of running and hiding spaces.
Under 3s have their own soft and colourful options in the safe zone such as soft building bricks, small slides and a mini ball pit, plus plenty of space for crawling and toddling.
There are staff-led arts and crafts sessions included in the price if you can catch one, you can't pre-book but you can turn up early! A great chance to add another dimension to their day out.
Is there an upcoming birthday in the family? You can also book the Wacky Warehouse party area for up to 26 children! Kids will get access to the adventure soft play area as well as their own private party room where they can tuck into delicious party food.
Food & Drink
While your kids play the day away, parents can snuggle up in the cosy cafe and enjoy freshly-made coffee, cake and a selection of food for both kids and grown-ups. There is free Wi-Fi available throughout the activity centre too, so you can scroll away on your phone or tablet.
Transport & Parking for Visitors
There is free on-site parking and this Wacky Warehouse is accessible by public transport so it couldn't be easier to give your kids a wacky day out!
Rules of Play
- A parent or guardian must supervise children at all times with a minimum of 1 adult for every 5 children.
- All children playing must be under the age of 12 and below 1.45m in height.
- No food or drink is allowed in the play area. Only food purchased at Wacky or pub restaurant may be consumed in the venue and at your table.
- Children must remove socks and shoes before entering the play area. It’s advised that they should wear trousers and to tuck any long-sleeved tops in. Spectacles should be removed unless they are shatterproof. No jewellery or any sharp objects (including badges) allowed in the play area.
- Play and party sessions last for 90 minutes. During quieter times, you’re welcome to play as long as you like.
- No glassware should be brought into the Wacky.
- Parents are not allowed in the play area during admission times, unless it’s during Tots Club.
- Please report any accident or injury to the team.