Westonbirt The National ArboretumTetbury, Gloucestershire
Explore several trails throughout the arboretum, which will fire your kids’ imaginations. Go on a plant-hunting orienteering adventure or take on the Nature Play trail and see your young adventurers build a den of their own. Open all year, Westonbirt Arboretum is never short of things to do for the whole family. Each season brings a brand-new trail as well as a range of events and activities.
Make sure you check out the NEW Zog Trail! Find golden stars, follow colourful panels and play fun games! This immersive trial includes a free app and a £4 activity pack. You'll have the ultimate interactive adventure while out in the open.
Need more inspiration for your day out? Check out The National Arboretum’s downloadable play booklets; they're packed with fun activities you can do with the kids in the great outdoors. In ‘Playing through the Seasons at Westonbirt Arboretum’, you’ll find one booklet for each season, so you’ll have plenty to do all year round!
There are even Guided Walks available daily from 11am. You'll get to learn all about the seasonal features of the Old Arboretum. If you are looking for a new spot to relax, this tour will alert you to all the secret leafy glades and perfect settings you may not have stumbled upon before...
Keep your eyes peeled for other exciting events throughout the year like the Luna Cinema outdoor cinema events. Watch cult-classics and feel-good flicks while relaxing in the arms of nature. These events typically run throughout the Summer.
Got a furry friend? Dogs are welcome in Silk Wood, so go wild!
Escape, relax, have an adventure - you can do it all at Westonbirt.
Head over to The Kitchen for a relaxed dining experience. Enjoy seasonal dishes, homemade cakes, and the new Spring menu!
In a rush? Head over to The Pantry! This grab-and-go kiosk serves homemade sandwiches, freshly baked cakes, ground coffee and Marshfield fresh-scoop ice cream.
If you are looking for a sit-down meal with extensive hot food options then you should set up camp in The Smokehouse. This Theatre-style smokehouse is home to a traditional pizza oven, fired by authentic Westonbirt wood. Enjoy a whole array of mouth-watering toppings or pick up a burger & fries!
Bring your own cup to each restaurant/eaterie and you will save 30p on any hot drink you purchase!
- Carers of access visitors go free
- Accessible tickets are available
- For disabled visitors with low mobility, you'll be happy to know that you can hire a wheelchair, mobility scooter, and a Trike wheelchair. There is also a Westonbirt Shuttle Bus run by volunteers.
- There are x2 disabled toilets onsite and a changing places toilet. These toilets are open from 9am - 4:30pm
- Some staff have disability awareness training.
- Exit Motorway at Junction 18
- Take the A46 north towards Stroud
- After a few miles turn right onto the A433 (signed Cirencester). Continue on this road for approx three miles and the arboretum is on your left.
- Exit at Junction 13 onto the A419 (towards Stroud) Take the A46 (towards Bath)
- After going though Nailsworth, you come to traffic lights at the cross-roads
- Turn left onto A4135 to Tetbury
- In Tetbury, turn right on the A433
- Continue on this road, passing through Doughton, for approx three miles. The arboretum is on your right.
- Family fun trails & Seasonal activity booklets
- Gruffalo sculptures & the NEW Zog Trail!
Pricing & Tickets
01 Oct - 12 Nov
Dec - Feb
*Concessions: Students, job seekers & those arriving by public transport or bicycle
*Child 5 - 18 years. Under 5s go free and don't require a ticket.
Tickets can be purchased on site or pre-booked online, 7 days in advance.
Please check website https://www.forestryengland.uk/westonbirt-the-national-arboretum for seasonal prices and prebooking requirements.
Book in advance for cheapest tickets
Find other attractions similar to Westonbirt The National Arboretum by visiting our attraction tickets section.
Yes, there is parking onsite.
Westonbirt the National Arboretum
Tel: 0300 037 4890Visit Website