Walking with The Snowman™ at Winkworth ArboretumHascombe, Surrey
Things to do
Grab your finest wellies, slip on the puffiest of coats and plonk on your best hat, you've got a Christmassy quest to complete!
Discover the heart-warming magic of Raymond Briggs’ picture book. Find 12 decorated sculptures of The Snowman™ along a wintry woodland trail. We've got a feeling all members of the family will love this activity.
Feeling peckish? The Arbor tea-room is open daily from 10am serving hot and cold drinks, sweet treats and snacks. There’s plenty of outdoor seating available.
- The Walking with The Snowman trail is along the most accessible route at the top of the arboretum, but it is an off-road type surface. The route has a camber in places and isn’t smoothly paved. It’s hard surfaced with hoggin, a mixture of sand, clay and stone which can become wet and slippery when the weather is bad.
- The upper arboretum is accessible for pushchairs and we have access for all walks.
- Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome in the arboretum all year round.
- There are accessible toilets located near the kiosk.
- There are 8 disabled parking spaces for blue badge holders. The spaces are located 100 metres from the main entrance kiosk.
Travel & Parking for Visitors
Godalming train station is 2 miles from the Arboretum. Please note that the roads from the train station are narrow and do not have pavements. We’d recommend pre booking a taxi from the station and back to the station in the winter months.
Winkworth Arboretum can be accessed using the no 42 bus service which stops outside the entrance surreycc.gov.uk Please note the 42 does not operate on Sundays.
The Arboretum is located near Hascombe, on the east side of the B2130. Please avoid arriving before we open at 10am, as the entrance to the Arboretum is on a narrow lane and queues of cars cause access problems for our neighbours.
Check out the National Cycle Network to plan your cycle route to Winkworth House, farm and Arboretum.
Open everyday from 10:00 - 16:00 (except 24th & 25th December).
Pricing & Tickets
Family (2+2) £27.50
Family (1+2) £16.50
National Trust members: FreeRelive the magic of The Snowman™
Book in advance for cheapest tickets
Find other attractions similar to Walking with The Snowman™ at Winkworth Arboretum by visiting our attraction tickets section.
Yes, there is parking onsite.