Family Favourites Awards
Crowning the best UK family attractions
With more than 6,500 attractions listed on the site, our first annual Family Favourites Awards is here to recognise the attractions going the extra mile to deliver a great family day out. But don't just take our word for it, all awards will be voted for by real families, based on their own experiences, so you can trust that they all come with the seal of approval that really matters.
Nominate, vote for and help your favourite days out take the title for the best attractions in the UK, as we crown the 2018 Family Favourites Awards.
Best FREE family day out
They say the best things in life are free, and that's exactly the case with this award! With free entry for the whole family, these are the attractions families love to visit time and time again.
- Must be FREE to enter for all ages
- Can include small charges for parking and premium activities, but majority must be free
Best event at an attraction
Themed and seasonal events are a great reason to keep going back to your favourite attractions, and this award helps to recognise the best events taking place at attractions across the UK.
- Event must have taken place in the last 12 months
- Event must run for a minimum of one full day
- Event must take place at a permanent visitor attraction
Best day out for under 5s
Terrific for toddlers, this award celebrates days out that have something extra special for their youngest visitors.
- Must have specific rides, activities or other attractions specifically targeted to toddlers
- Can include other activities or zones more suited to older children, but please keep nomination focused on toddler-friendly fun
Best animal day out
Take a walk on the wild side, with a visit to one of the best animal-themed days out. From your local farm park, to safari parks, wildlife parks and zoos, this award showcases the best places to see animals in the UK.
- Must be home to a variety of animals that visitors can see
Best educational day out
Learn something new every time you visit, with the award for the best educational day out for families. From history to science, to all your favourite facts, there is a strong focus on education in a fun setting.
- Educational activities or tours must be available all year round
Best active day out
Encouraging families of all ages to get active, this award recognises the best sporting and physical challenges that families can enjoy together. From high ropes and assault courses, to climbing walls, activity centres and more, if it raises your heart rate, it's a contender!
- Focus must be on active attractions that are suitable for families
How it works & FAQs
Find answers to some of the most common questions about our Family Favourites Awards here. Still need help? Send us an email and we'll be happy to help!
- How much does it cost to enter?
All nominations are FREE!
- How do I enter my attraction?
You can nominate your attraction for all of our awards. Simply head to our nomination page and complete our quick and easy form. We guarantee it will take less than 5 minutes!
- Can I enter more than one category?
Of course! We've made it easy to enter as many categories as you like without having to enter loads of forms, just tick all the categories you'd like to enter when you submit.
- Should we ask our visitors to nominate us?
One nomination is plenty, in fact there's no extra benefit to getting multiple nominations for your attraction! We know your visitors love you and want to help you win, but save their support for when the public vote opens on 19th October.
- How are winners chosen?
Winners will be chosen after a public vote, with a little help and input from our expert panel of judges. They'll help us to shortlist a list of attractions for each category, then it will be up to you to vote for your favourites.
- Can I nominate an attraction not currently listed on Day Out With The Kids?
Yes of course - if you think an attraction is award-worthy we want to hear about it (and add it to our site)!
- What will attractions win?
Aside from the prestigious Family Favourite 2018 title, winners will receive trophies, window decal stickers and badges for their online channels to help more of our users visit their website and attraction.
There'll be regional winners in each category above, as voted for by the public, and overall UK winners chosen from those victors by our judges. The different regions are below - click the links below to see the attractions we list in each area and use the buttons to cast your vote for each region.
- London: Days out in London
- South East: Days out in South East
- South West: Days out in South West
- Midlands: Days out in West Midlands | Days out in East Midlands
- East: Days out in East
- North West: Days out in North West
- North East: Days out in North East
- Yorkshire: Days out in Yorkshire
- Scotland: Days out in North Scotland | Days out in South Scotland
- Wales: Days out in North Wales | Days out in Mid Wales | Days out in South Wales
- Northern Ireland: Days out in Northern Ireland
Other Popular Locations on Day Out With The Kids
Central London | Manchester | Birmingham | Liverpool | York | Glasgow | Bath | Dublin | Bristol | Oxford | Brighton | Kent | Cardiff | Nottingham | Newcastle | Cambridge | Belfast | Essex | Blackpool | Bournemouth | Sheffield | Norfolk | Hampshire | Southampton | Portsmouth | Surrey | Isle Of Wight | Somerset | Scarborough | Lake District | Plymouth | Norwich | Weymouth | Stratford-upon-Avon | Harrogate | Torquay | Suffolk | Milton Keynes | Newquay | Exeter | Reading | Lincolnshire | Lancashire | Great Yarmouth | Swansea | Northampton | Hull | Staffordshire | Canterbury | Durham