Easter Eats: Easy Easter Nest Fairy Cakes Recipe
Whether your little ones are budding bake-off champions, or more interested in making a mess in the kitchen, these quick and easy Easter nest fairy cakes are the perfect crowd-pleaser!
Follow the easy instructions below, or scroll down to see the full video!
You will need:
For the cakes:
110g butter (melted)
110g self-raising flour
25g cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk
4x Flake bars
Decorative Easter chicks
- Combine your sugar, melted butter, self-raising flour, eggs and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl.
- Mix it all up to combine all the ingredients, making sure it's all nice and smooth
- Carefully spoon the mixture evenly into your cupcake cases - be careful of any drips!
- Put your cupcakes in the oven at 180° - make sure you're using oven gloves, and always ask an adult for help!
- Leave in for 8-10 minutes (or until they're cooked through - they should have risen and be nice and springy)
- Whilst the cakes are in the oven, it's time to prepare your toppings!
- Ask an adult to remove the cakes from the oven - be careful, they'll be hot!
- Leave to cool for approximately 10-15 minutes before decorating
- Top each cake with a dollop of Nutella
- Break Flake bars into smaller pieces, and create a nest shape on top of the Nutella - make sure you leave a little hole to fill your nest!
- Fill your nests with Mini Eggs or (toddler-friendly) Marshmallows
- Add you Easter chicks
Looking for more great ideas? Check out our list of 100 indoor activities!