Do you want to know when you can take your child on holiday? We’ve gathered all the important school term dates in an easy-to-follow list you can refer to throughout the year. Oh, and that’s not all! We also picked some of the best attractions and things to do in Derbyshire to give you a little bit of inspiration for the school holidays.
Derbyshire School Holiday Dates 2023/24
- Term Starts: 4th September 2023
- Autumn Term: 4th September – 22 December 2023
- October Half term: 30th October – 6th November 2023
- Christmas Holiday: 22nd December 2023- 8th January 2024
- Spring Term: 8th January – 28th March 2024
- February Half Term: 19th February – 23rd February 2024
- Easter Holidays: 28th March – 15th April 2024
- Summer Term: 15th April – 23rd July 2024
- May Half Term: 27th May – 3rd June 2024
- Summer Holidays Start: 23rd July 2024
Derbyshire School Holiday Dates 2024/25
- Term Starts: 4th September 2024
- Autumn Term: 4th September – 20th December 2024
- October Half term: 28th October – 1st November 2024
- Christmas Holiday: 20th December 2024 – 6th January 2025
- Spring Term: 6th January – 4th April 2025
- February Half Term: 17th February – 21st February 2025
- Easter Holidays: 4th April – 22nd April 2025
- Summer Term: 22nd April – 24th July 2025
- May Half Term: 26th May – 30th May 2025
- Summer Holidays Start: 24th July 2025
Important Notes On School Term Dates
Remember to make sure you have up to date school contact details, so you can inform them of any issue affecting your child’s school attendance. Schools encourage regular contact and a partnership with parents. This means you don’t miss any important upcoming school events! You can also check term dates with your child’s school office because there may be differences between individual schools. For example as a result of training/ inset days.
Top Things to do in the Derbyshire School Holidays
Chatsworth House, Bakewell
And if all that wasn’t enough to tip you over the edge, we’ve got to tell you that Chatsworth is well-known for organising some of the best family-friendly special events in the region. Perfect to visit in the Derbyshire school holidays, isn’t it?
Gulliver’s Kingdom, Matlock Bath
One of the best things about Gulliver’s Kingdom is that it’s a theme park that aims to be budget-friendly. Sounds too good to be true? Yeah, that’s what we thought too. Instead of spending a fortune on food on in the park, you’re encouraged to bring your own and enjoy a picnic there. Parking is absolutely free, as well.
Adult/ Child £24
Matlock Farm, Matlock
At Matlock Farm, the kids will get the chance to pet fluffy rabbits, guinea pigs and chicks; meet meerkats, and learn about life and work at the farm. Also, there’s an adventure playground with balancing beams, rope bridges and slides, a go-kart track and a tots area for the little ones.
We hope you have found our guide to Derbyshire school term dates helpful.
Are you looking for more fantastic family fun for the school holidays? Check out these cool climbing walls near you, try your hand on escape rooms, travel to some nature reserves or visit a National Trust site! Make a day trip out and have some fun exploring!
For tips, advice and recommendations from parents on things to do across the UK become part of our community and join the Days Out With The Kids Facebook group join here.