- Museums and Art Galleries
Suitable for ages: Young Children (4-8), Older Children (9-12) and Teenagers (13-18)
Venue type: Indoor, Outdoor
Experience the tremendous atmosphere of the award winning Yorkshire Air Museum and Allied Air Forces Memorial whilst admiring fascinating displays, such as the restored Control Tower, Air Gunners Room, Archives, Airborne Forces Display, Squadron Memorial Rooms and Gardens and much more.
- 60+ historic aircraft and vehicles
- Evocative, authentic WWII airbase
- The only WWII Halifax bomber in Europe
- Informative, educational exhibitions exploring the history of flight
- 20 acre aircraft park and Memorial Gardens
- Restaurant Onsite
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Baby Changing Available
- Disabled Toilets Available
- Toilets Available
- Parking Available On-site
- Pushchair Friendly
Getting There and Contact Information
Halifax Way, Elvington, York, North Yorkshire, YO41 4AU, England
Click here to visit Yorkshire Air Museum's website
Standard Opening Times and Pricing
Open Daily Summer: 10:00 - 17:00, Winter: 10:00 - 16:00 Closed Christmas day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
£10 Adults; £8 Concessions; £5 Child (5-15) £26 Family (2A + 3Ch.) Under 5's free.
Variety of home cooked hot and cold food, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments. Hot counter runs 12:00 noon to 14:00. Closes 30 minutes prior to museum closing.
Severe snow may cause closure in exceptional conditions.