Video Review: A day out at JORVIK Viking Centre
Are you ready for a truly authentic Viking adventure? Experience the sights, sounds and of course, smells, of the Viking-Age throughout the recently transformed JORVIK Viking Centre. From remains of houses from 1,000 years ago, to objects discovered in real-life excavations, which Viking legacies will you uncover during your visit? See how Harriet and her family got on below!
Top tips from our review of JORVIK Viking Centre:
- Spend time admiring the glass floor before the ride - my kids were mesmerised
- Little ones are given booster seats, but they can't sit on your knee during the ride
- Help ease any nervousness by asking children to describe what the animated characters are doing and how it differs from our lives today
- The Jorvik Centre recently had a refurbishment, meaning digital screens now make up a HUGE part of the experience and so informative
- There are loads of animal models (it's viking time after all!) Pointing them out is a great way to get kids engaging with something more familiar
- After the ride there is a brilliant museum for all ages- get the kids to find the giant viking poo (yep, really!)
- Staff are dressed up - get the braver kiddos to ask them a question and fit it back to you (or school!)
- The gift shop has a great
Inspired to visit? Leave us a comment below, or subscribe to our YouTube channel for more!