Planning some family fun for the holidays? We’ve got all the key info you need, from the Cornwall school holiday dates for this year, to lots of ideas to help you make the most of the time off. Just remember, dates can vary for each school, so be sure to double-check with yours before booking anything!
Cornwall School Holiday Dates 2020/21
- Term Starts: 3rd September 2020
- Autumn Term: 3rd September - 18th December 2020
- October Half Term: 26th October - 30th October 2020
- Christmas Holidays: 21st December 2020 - 1st January 2021
- Spring Term: 4th January - 1st April 2021
- February Half Term: 15th February - 19th February 2021
- Easter Holidays: 2nd April - 16th April 2021
- Summer Term: 19th April - 23rd July 2021
- May Half Term: 31st May - 4th June 2021
- Summer Holidays Start: 26th July 2021
Cornwall School Holiday Dates 2021/22
- Term Starts: 6th September 2021
- Autumn Term: 6th September 2021 - 17th December 2021
- October Half Term: 25th October - 29th October 2021
- Christmas Holidays: 20th December 2021 - 3rd January 2022
- Spring Term: 4th January - 8th April 2022
- February Half Term: 21st February - 25th February 2022
- Easter Holidays: 11th April - 22nd April 2022
- Summer Term: 25th April - 26th July 2022
- May Half Term: 30th May - 3rd June 2022
- Summer Holidays Start: 27th July 2022
Top things to do in the school holidays in Cornwall
The region is packed full of great family days out, so if you’re looking for things to do in Cornwall, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some of our favourites:
- The Eden Project
Arguably one of the most famous attractions in Cornwall and located just 2 miles from the centre of St Austell, The Eden Project is home to the largest indoor rainforest in the world and is an absolute must-visit! From the iconic biomes to the stunning outdoor gardens - and even England’s longest zip wire - there’s something for everyone.
- Lost Gardens of Heligan
With over 200 acres of ancient land to discover, the Lost Gardens of Heligan (also in St Austell) is packed full of mystery and intrigue. If you’re planning to visit, don’t miss the Jungle, home to one of the longest Burmese Rope Bridges in Britain!
- Treasure Trails
Treasure Trails are a great way to explore, and with a total of 64 trails across Cornwall alone, there’s sure to be one near you. Low cost and available for instant download or posted out to you, you’ll work as a family to crack the clues and see your local area in a whole new way. Our favourites in Cornwall include the Newquay Mystery Treasure Trail, the St Ives Cornwall Mystery Treasure Trail and the Padstow Mystery Treasure Trail.
- Newquay Zoo
If you have any animal lovers in your family, then a trip to Newquay Zoo is one of our top recommendations! Home to over 130 different species, there’s everything from African lions and red pandas, to penguins, meerkats and zebras - see their website for a full list of animals to spot.
- National Maritime Museum Cornwall
Cornwall is known for its rich maritime history, so a trip to the National Maritime Museum in Falmouth is the best place to soak it all up. There are 15 galleries to explore, covering everything from boat building and the RNLI to tales from Cornish fishermen.
Flambards is the family-friendly theme park you’ll find in Halston, and it’s packed full of rides for all ages. Some of our favourites are SkyRaker, Space Shuttle and the Rocking Tug, or you can follow in the footsteps of dinosaur hunters in Jurassic Journey - a must for dinosaur lovers.
Looking for even more ideas for adventures during the Cornwall school holidays this year? Take a look at our guide to the best things to do in Cornwall.
You might also like:
Glasgow School Holidays | Edinburgh School Holidays | Leeds School Holidays | Hampshire School Holidays | Norfolk School Holidays | Birmingham School Holidays | Derbyshire School Holidays | Sheffield School Holidays | Nottinghamshire School Holidays | Essex School Holidays | Staffordshire School Holidays | Surrey School Holidays | Manchester School Holidays | East Sussex School Holidays | Somerset School Holidays | Kent School Holidays | Warwickshire School Holidays | West Sussex School Holidays