Ightham MoteSevenoaks, Kent
Kick things off at the Tudor Festival weekend with historical displays, interactive talks and demonstrations on the 29th & 30th of July.
There are plenty of exciting activities that bring the history of the medieval house to life. Hunt down five famous shields from Ightham Mote's past on the shield trail - it's set in acres of gardens.
Ever wanted to become part of the monarchy? On Tuesdays in August, little ones can join Tudor-inspired craft workshops with the chance to create a crown, design a dragon and more (suggestion £1 donation, plus admission). All that's left to decide afterwards is, what kind of ruler will you be...?
Each week throughout the holidays, there are themed hands-on history demonstrations and family-friendly talks. Meet costumed characters, discover Tudor food and feasting, sponge throw in the stocks choir and turn your hand to jousting.
On the final weekend of the holidays, there will be spectacular Tudor-inspired falconry displays (2 & 3 September). Learn about different types of birds and see them soar above iconic Ightham Mote.
Owners of the house range from knights, Tudors, Victorians and an American businessman. This stunning house has plenty of stories to tell, and the experts on hand will be more than willing to tell you about the house’s curious past. It’s time for your family to uncover the secrets of Ightham Mote...
- There are accessible routes in the garden and at the South Lake. Ground floor of the house is accessible.
- Accessible toilet
- Braille (guide or menu)
- Blue badge parking is available near Visitor Reception
- Available in Visitor Reception, Café and Shop
- Large print (guide or menu)
- Level access to food outlet & shop
- Tramper mobility scooter is available for visitors to use around the garden and on some of the estate walks.
- Manual wheelchairs are available to borrow
- volunteer-driven shuttle buggy is available
- Registered assistance dogs welcome in all areas of the site. All dogs welcome on the café veranda all year round.
Parking: Free parking for National Trust members. Non-members; £3 per car. Coin payment only. Please follow instructions from staff and signage on site when you arrive.
- Visit a manor house with a moat!
- Plenty of fascinating stories to be told
- Former home to knights, Tudors, Victorians and... an American businessman?
Pricing & Tickets
Free entry and parking
Non-National Trust members:
Adult £16.00, Child £8, Under 5s Free, Family (2+2) £40, Family, (1+2) £24.
Parking £3 per car for non-National Trust members
Book in advance for cheapest tickets
Find other attractions similar to Ightham Mote by visiting our attraction tickets section.
Yes, there is parking onsite.