Christmas at Polesden LaceyGreat Bookham, Surrey
Before you begin your enchanting Christmas adventure, let’s get some awareness of the house’s electrifying history. This stunning Edwardian manor is where Dame Margaret Greville entertained her royal guests over 100 years ago. Laced with exquisite artworks, Fabergé and even a gold room, your little lords and ladies will be amazed at the picturesque house. On an everyday occasion they can even slip into period costumes and play the part of an aristocrat!
Jingle all the way to Polesden Lacey for a heart-raising celebration of Christmas! Explore the sumptuously decorated house, sparkling with Christmas splendour and a 17ft Christmas tree!
There’s a £3 charge for the outdoor children’s trail. The trail includes a rather magical pair of glasses that will show all of the lights and sparkle around Polesden Lacey in a totally different way. There will be wonderfully decorated woodland dells and a twinkling bell tent as spots to make you stop and awe at the Christmas magic!
- Blue Badge parking and drop off point.
- Accessible toilets.
- Grounds partly accessible.
- Courtesy shuttle service.
- Mobility scooters and wheelchairs available.
- Induction ear loop available in coffee shop, café, shop, and visitor reception.
- Accessible routes available through the pleasure grounds and formal gardens.
- Ground floor of the house is wheelchair accessible.
- A volunteer-led accessibility bus is available but may not run every day. Please call ahead to confirm availability.
- Accessible toilet next to the café.
- Coffee shop has picnic benches with tables that can accommodate a wheelchair.
- Main access route to the house is along a slope. Alternative route is available. Ramped access to second hand bookshop and house.
- Assistance dogs are only allowed in the formal gardens, house, shop, and café.
- Dogs on short leads allowed in some parts of the garden.
Come in from out the cold with your four-legged friend and warm up with a lovely hot drink at the Coffee Shop! You can also purchase cold drinks, cakes and snacks to take away with you. Take a seat inside or outside - there's plenty of seating available.
There is plenty of parking available at Polesden Lacey, with the main car park being hard standing and the two overflow car parks being on grass. Remember to pay for a car parking ticket before you enter the grounds. National Trust members park for free. For non-members, car parking charges are £2 for up to 2 hours, £5 for a full day.
- Boxhill & Westhumble 3 miles
- Bookham 2.7 miles
- Dorking 4 miles
- Leatherhead 4 miles.
Epsom, Guildford or Leatherhead to Great Bookham: More details on the Surrey Council Website. Great Bookham is 1 ½ miles on foot from Polesden Lacey.
Local cycle routes can be found on the Cycle Routes website.
Sat Nav: Please use the postcode KT23 4PZ when travelling to Polesden Lacey instead of our address postcode, which has been known to confuse and mislead satnavs.
- Discover beautiful viewpoints from Polesden Lacey's very own Winter Wonderland - it's fit for royalty!
- Buy artisanal gifts
- Explore the stunning decor woven through the Edwardian House and have a go at the 12 Days of Christmas Trail.
Open everyday from 10:00 - 16:00
Garden & Café 10am – 4pm
Pricing & Tickets
Family (2+2) £35
Family (1+2) £21.
Book in advance for cheapest tickets
Find other attractions similar to Christmas at Polesden Lacey by visiting our attraction tickets section.
Yes, there is parking onsite.